Dr. Immanuel Chih-Ming Ke
Dr. Immanuel Chih-Ming Ke
The Taiwanese biblical scholar and Christian, Dr. Immanuel Chih-Ming Ke, is a thinker, preacher, apologist, pastor, and professor of philosophy, who has been reading, examining, and preaching the Word of God since he was 23 years old. He has been a teacher at the Theological College and Seminary for more than ten years, and he has been teaching and writing books and articles on theology and philosophy. He possesses a penetrating insight into the problems of the modern world—the world that rejects God, absoluteness, transcendence, and eternity, and the world that strives for uninhibited rights, unbridled freedoms, and sexual emancipation; yet, he rejects any compromise on such issues related to mainstream culture. He ponders deeply over the conception of God, existence, life, truth, ethics, meaning, love, humanity, evil, and the foundation of the Bible. His thoughts and his life are founded on the only authority—the Bible. He continues what Martin Luther, John Calvin, and other reformers have done, preaching and defending God’s Word. . .
Written by Blog Owner, Prisca Chiu
Updated November 30, 2018
- 2018 - Chairperson of Department of Ecological Humanities, Providence University in Taiwan.
- 2018 -Professor, Department of Ecological Humanities, Providence University in Taiwan.
- 2008 - Associate Professor, Department of Ecological Humanities, Providence University in Taiwan. (2005 - 2008 Assistant Professor).
- 2007 - June 2014. Adjunct Associate Professor of Department of Philosophy, National Taiwan University.
- 2013 - June 2014. Feb. 2016- Adjunct Associate Professor of Tunghai University.
- 2014- Adjunct Associate Professor of China Evangelical Seminary.
- 2006 - 2007, 2014 - Adjunct Associate Professor of Central Taiwan Theological College & Seminary.
- 2012 - Principal investigator of "St. Francis Center for Ecological Theology and Environmental Ethics."
- 2008 - Instructor of Taiwan Operation Dawn.
- 2003 - 2013. Editor of Solitudo: A Meditative Journal of Taiwanese Christian Thought.
- 2010 - 2013 Pastor of Dadu Mt. Church.
Previous Teaching Experience：Theological College & Seminary
- 2000 - 2002. Adjunct Assistant Professor of Tainan Theological College & Seminary, (2000-2002).
- 1995 - 1996. Adjunct Instructor of China Lutheran Seminary.
- 1994. Adjunct Instructor of Nazarene Theological College.
- 1992 - 1997. 2003. Adjunct Lecturer and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Taiwan Theological College & Seminary.
- 1992 - 1995. Adjunct Instructor of Christ’s College.
- 2013. Fetus andDeath Row Inmates: The Christian Idea of Man and Bioethics.
- 2012. Honorable Man, Marriage, and Sex: The Uncompromising Christian Standpoint in the Homosexual Current.
- 2011. The Promise of Understanding.
- 2009. The Ethic of Love.
- 2008. The Rightfulness of Love: Theological Essays on Marriage and the Morality of Sex and Love.
- 2008. The Hermeneutics of Evil: Ricoeur’s Philosophy about Evil and Human Being.